Posts for category: Orthodontics
Invisalign is a method of correcting teeth placement without the need for awkward metal braces. Although it is designed mainly for adults, this orthodontic treatment may be appropriate for certain teenagers, as well. Read on to learn how a dentist at Pediatric Dentistry & Associates Specialists in Rochester Hills, MI can help give your teen a brand-new smile!
Braces support the teeth and help them shift into a more attractive and comfortable position. The classic method that dentists use for this procedure is the application of metal braces, which are composed of brackets attached to each individual tooth. As you can imagine, these traditional braces are easily noticed by others due to the contrast with your white teeth. Wearing braces can also be painful at the beginning of the treatment period and it’s difficult to chew normal foods. Invisalign is a different treatment option that addresses all of these concerns and challenges.
Invisalign for Teens
Invisalign isn’t always recommended for teenagers because they can’t always commit to wearing the trays on a regular and consistent basis. Young people have more of a tendency to take the aligners off during the day and forget to put them back on (or lose them). However, there is an option available to younger patients called Invisalign for teens that tracks their compliance. An indicator located at the far end of each aligner tray lets your Rochester Hills, MI dentist know if they are being used regularly, making the patient more responsible for keeping up with the treatment plan.
Give Your Teen a New Smile
When you’re a teenager, appearance often means everything. It can determine a number of factors that affect you in your youth and well into adulthood, including in social, educational, and professional spheres. Getting your teen Invisalign aligners is a smile investment that could significantly improve his or her confidence and future aspirations!
Your Upcoming Visit
Bring your teen to Pediatric Dentistry & Associates Specialists in Rochester Hills, MI, to learn if their smile can be improved with Invisalign plastic aligners. Call (248) 608-2626 today to schedule an appointment!
We can help you determine the best approach for getting your child a beautifully straight smile.
Thanks to advanced dental technology, our Rochester Hills dentists, MI, Dr. Arnold Tracht & Dr. Daniel Briskie & Associates Specialists in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontist Dr. Nicholas Rafaill offer several solutions for fixing crooked, misaligned smiles. If your child’s permanent teeth have started to grow in and you’ve noticed that their smile is a little twisted, crooked or problematic then it might be time to see how we can help straighten out these issues.
When should my child visit an orthodontist?
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, the best time to bring your child in for an orthodontic consultation is 7 years old. Of course, since your child will be visiting our Rochester Hills, MI, children’s dentist every six months for routine checkups we will be able to monitor their development to see if braces may be beneficial.
But 7 years old seems rather young, right?
Actually, this is the perfect age for us to conduct a thorough orthodontic consultation. Even though all of their permanent teeth haven’t come in yet we can still see how the smile is developing and detect certain issues early on such as an overbite, underbite or crowding.
Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean they will get braces right away or immediately after their consultation. We will continue to monitor their smiles until their molars come in. Once their 12-year molars come in we will be able to see how this affects the alignment of your child’s smile.
My child needs braces. Which kind is right for them?
We offer a few different options and the best type of braces for your child will depend on factors such as their age, lifestyle and the type of dental issues they are correcting with braces.
You can choose from:
- Traditional metal braces: the standard stainless steel bracket-and-wire system
- Clear braces: traditional brackets and wires that are made from tooth-colored material rather than metal
- Lingual braces: metal braces that are attached to the back of your teeth
- Invisalign: clear, removable aligners that are ideal for older teens
If you think your child could benefit from getting orthodontic treatment in Rochester Hills, MI, then call our pediatric dental practice today to schedule a consultation with us to find out which type of braces is ideal for them. Getting braces now could improve their oral health for the future.
Let Braces Improve Your Oral Health
Does your child have a problem with overcrowded, crooked, or overlapping teeth? Dental braces are devices that align and straighten teeth, improve oral health, and can be the answer to your child's dental issues. Dr. Arnold Tracht & Dr. Daniel Briskie & Associates Specialists in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontist Dr. Nicholas Rafaill, in Rochester Hills, MI, offer high-quality braces for kids of all ages. Here are five ways braces can improve your child's oral health.
1. Correct Dental Problems - Braces are used to correct overbites, crooked teeth, crossbites, underbites, malocclusions, and various other flaws of the teeth and jaw. If you are concerned that your child has one of these conditions, our pediatric dentists and orthodontist can help decide whether your child needs braces and which devices would be best.
2. Prevent Tooth Decay - Crooked and overcrowded teeth can make daily oral hygiene difficult. Dental braces can straighten your child's smile. Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss, and this ability to have practice better dental care will help to prevent future cavities.
3. Prevent Gum Disease - Good dental hygiene will also help prevent gum disease, an infection of the structures around the teeth. Symptoms of gum disease include swollen or red gums, sensitive teeth, painful chewing, bad breath, and bleeding gums. If left untreated, gum disease can result in a number of health problems, including inflammation, gum damage, and tooth loss.
4. Prevent Tooth Wear - Dental braces help to prevent tooth wear. When teeth bite in a way that doesn’t allow for anatomically correct biting patterns, it can cause your enamel to wear away. Tooth erosion can lead to a number of dental problems including toothaches and tooth fractures.
5. Prevent Dental Injuries - Braces can also help to prevent dental injuries. Protruding upper teeth are more likely to be fractured in an accident, while straight teeth are less prone to injury. Children who are involved in high-contact activities, such as sports, are especially at high risk. Once repositioned and aligned, your child's teeth are at a decreased risk of being broken.
If you are interested in providing braces for your child, call our Rochester Hills office at 248-608-2626 today to schedule an appointment. After all, every kid deserves a healthy, beautiful smile!