The Governor has lifted orders allowing dental offices to reopen Friday May 29th.
Dear patients and families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office has always and will continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely follow these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
The world has changed, and we have changed with it. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We are providing extend hours and staffing and additional Saturday appointments to best serve the needs of our families.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We are limiting the number of people in our building at one time by allowing only one parent to accompany the child with the appointment in the building. You will also be asked to use our “virtual waiting room”. You will now text our office when you are in the parking lot and our staff will instruct you when to enter the building.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We have installed a large screen TV to stream children’s movies.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Our office invested in all new top of the line, digital software to provide a safe seamless experience that follows all professional guidelines and cuts down on person to person contact.
- We are proud to say we accelerated completion of our instrument sterilization area. The re-engineering of the area delivers the highest quality surgical grade processing of instruments possible.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will start scheduling appointments next week. To make an appointment, please call our office at 248-608-2626.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our staff, patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Briskie, Dr. Goldberg, Dr. Tracht, Dr. Tiberia, Dr. Smith and Team