Posts for tag: braces
Let Braces Improve Your Oral Health
Does your child have a problem with overcrowded, crooked, or overlapping teeth? Dental braces are devices that align and straighten teeth, improve oral health, and can be the answer to your child's dental issues. Dr. Arnold Tracht & Dr. Daniel Briskie & Associates Specialists in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontist Dr. Nicholas Rafaill, in Rochester Hills, MI, offer high-quality braces for kids of all ages. Here are five ways braces can improve your child's oral health.
1. Correct Dental Problems - Braces are used to correct overbites, crooked teeth, crossbites, underbites, malocclusions, and various other flaws of the teeth and jaw. If you are concerned that your child has one of these conditions, our pediatric dentists and orthodontist can help decide whether your child needs braces and which devices would be best.
2. Prevent Tooth Decay - Crooked and overcrowded teeth can make daily oral hygiene difficult. Dental braces can straighten your child's smile. Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss, and this ability to have practice better dental care will help to prevent future cavities.
3. Prevent Gum Disease - Good dental hygiene will also help prevent gum disease, an infection of the structures around the teeth. Symptoms of gum disease include swollen or red gums, sensitive teeth, painful chewing, bad breath, and bleeding gums. If left untreated, gum disease can result in a number of health problems, including inflammation, gum damage, and tooth loss.
4. Prevent Tooth Wear - Dental braces help to prevent tooth wear. When teeth bite in a way that doesn’t allow for anatomically correct biting patterns, it can cause your enamel to wear away. Tooth erosion can lead to a number of dental problems including toothaches and tooth fractures.
5. Prevent Dental Injuries - Braces can also help to prevent dental injuries. Protruding upper teeth are more likely to be fractured in an accident, while straight teeth are less prone to injury. Children who are involved in high-contact activities, such as sports, are especially at high risk. Once repositioned and aligned, your child's teeth are at a decreased risk of being broken.
If you are interested in providing braces for your child, call our Rochester Hills office at 248-608-2626 today to schedule an appointment. After all, every kid deserves a healthy, beautiful smile!