Specializing in Pediatric and Orthodontic Dentistry
All of our doctors, and most of our staff, are parents (and a few grandparents!). We understand that each child is unique and make every effort to meet their individual needs.
Our expertise enables us to care for all children from infancy through early adulthood, including youngsters of pre-cooperative age and those with other special needs. We work closely with our medical community to successfully manage our patients with complex concerns.
Our services include:
- Preventive Care, including regular check-ups, caries risk assessment, diet counseling, sealants, management of oral habits and monitoring of bite development
- Referral Exams, Second Opinions and Consultations
- Restorative Dentistry, including tooth-colored fillings
- In-office Conscious Sedation
- Hospital Dentistry with General Anesthesia
- Emergency Care
- Orthodontics - Early Treatment and Comprehensive (for children and adults)
- Community Outreach Programs
- Our Special Program
Scheduling & Availability
Busy parents appreciate our flexible scheduling, including Saturdays, and the convenience of having complete oral health care in one location. We easily accommodate multiple siblings at the same time. And ... busy parents don't like busy signals, answering machines or being routed through multiple menu options! Our phones are answered during business hours by caring, competent personnel who are happy to assist you.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday:||8:00 AM - 1:30 PM|
- Please call us directly. Our staff will schedule an appointment to address the specific needs of your child
- Our phones are answered 24 hrs/day; 7 days/week
- One of our specialists is on call at all times to handle emergencies; simply call our main office number at 248-608-2626 for further instruction
It's never too early to get your child started on the path toward a lifetime of good oral health, and there are many services we provide to do exactly that. Monitoring your child's dental growth and development, and preventing and intercepting dental diseases along the way, is a primary focus of our practice. Learn more about Pediatric Dentistry.
Our services include:
Age One Dental Visit
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, a child's first checkup should occur by age 1. At this important visit we will check the baby teeth for early cavities, show you how to care for a young child's mouth properly, go over your child's developmental milestones, and discuss the importance of good oral hygiene. Learn more about the Age One Dental Visit.
Fillings are used to seal a small hole (cavity) in your tooth that is caused by decay. This simple, painless procedure prevents decay bacteria from spreading further into your tooth, and possibly infecting the root canal. Both metal fillings and tooth-colored fillings are available. Learn more about Fillings.
Dental sealants are invisible plastic resin coatings that smooth out the chewing surfaces of the back teeth — the place where your child is most likely to get tooth decay. A sealed tooth is far less likely to develop a cavity, which could require expensive dental treatment and cause your child pain. Learn more about Dental Sealants.
Treating Specially Challenged Children
Proper dental care is just as important for children with special needs as it is for any child. Yet it's sometimes more difficult for kids with special needs to get optimal care. We can help, with appropriate procedures and extra personal attention in the office.
Cosmetic bonding uses tooth-colored materials to replace missing tooth structure or hide minor defects like chips, discoloration, or irregular spacing. It's a great option for children and teens, who often need to wait for their teeth to mature before choosing a more permanent restoration. Learn more about Bonding.
Crowns are coverings placed over damaged teeth to strengthen them, and allow them to look and function normally again. Metal crowns are sometimes recommended as a temporary solution for damaged baby teeth, until the permanent teeth come in.
Fluoridated water has been called one of the most significant health achievements of the 20th century — but not every child gets enough fluoride. That's one reason why a topical fluoride supplement, applied here in the dental office, may be recommended for your child. Learn more about Fluoride & Your Child.
It's easier to treat many orthodontic problems during childhood because the body is still developing rapidly. Whether you need standard braces, clear aligners, or appliances like palatal expanders, it's possible to make big changes in a short period of time. Learn more about the Early Orthodontic Treatment.
If your child loses a baby tooth prematurely, a “space maintainer” may be needed to hold the space open until the permanent tooth comes in to fill it. This appliance will help your child's bite develop properly — and hopefully avoid the need for braces later on. Learn more about Space Maintainers.
Besides being painful, a child's sports-related dental injury can mean time lost from school and work, plus substantial cost. A properly fitted, comfortable mouthguard, worn at practice and games, can greatly reduce the likelihood of serious dental injury. Learn more about Mouthguards for Children.
Sedation dentistry can be of great benefit to children and teenagers who would otherwise be anxious and fearful during dental treatment. With local anesthetics and sedative medications, it's possible for your child to have a dental experience that's free of anxiety and pain. Learn more about Sedation Dentistry.
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. We can treat a variety of traumatic dental injuries, including teeth that have been chipped, moved, or knocked out entirely. Please call our office for assistance.
Insurance & Payment Options
- Payment is due on the day of service or according to a previously arranged financial agreement
- We accept cash, checks, VISA, MASTERCARD, & DISCOVER
- Insurance plans vary greatly. Please contact your insurance carrier to determine your specific benefits and limitations. Our experienced staff is happy to help you understand your plan
- Our office participates with traditional dental insurance plans and will process your claims for you
- Orthodontic insurance benefits often differ from regular dental insurance. Generally, each insured individual has a lifetime maximum benefit for orthodontic services. Benefits are paid as a percentage of the orthodontic fee over the course of treatment until the benefit maximum has been fulfilled.
Regular dental insurance maximums typically renew annually.
- We offer interest-free payment plans for our orthodontic patients
- CareCredit is also available to help you pay for other treatment and procedures that your insurance doesn't cover. They offer No Interest* financing or low minimum monthly payment options.
For more information or to apply on-line, visit CareCredit.com.
Our staff is also happy to assist you with an application if you wish.